Human Rights and Economic Interests: China behind the scenes
- 09:00 a.m.: Admission
- 09:30 a.m.: Address of welcome by: Mr Martin Lessenthin, Spokesman of the Board for the International Society for Human Rights (ISHR)
- 09:45 a.m. - 10:05 a.m.: Man Yan Ng, Sales and Marketing Manager of a multinational technology company: Is Chinas Economy really on the upswing - or is it an illusion?
- 10:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: David Matas, Human Rights lawyer/Canada "Organ harvesting in China"
- 10:35 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.: Discussion
- 10:55 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.: Break with coffee, tea and soft drinks
- 11:20 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.: Dr. Jörg-M. Rudolph, lecturer and director of the East Asian Institute at the Economic College of Higher Education in Ludwigshafen "When China comes over the world?" The industrial nations have successfully sparked the Chinese potential - now they become scared. With good reason?"
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.: Dr. Thomas Weyrauch, publicist and author of the book "Der gepeinigte Drachen. Die staatliche Zurechenbarkeit von Menschenrechtsverletzungen in der Volksrepublik China" (The tortured dragon. The governmental accountability of human rights violations in the People's Republic of China
- 12:05 p.m. - 12:25 p.m.: Discussion
- 12:30 p.m. - 13:30 p.m.: Break and common lunch
- 13:30 p.m. - 13:50 p.m.: Petr Kutilek, Olympic Watch "Human Rights - not an Olympic Ideal?"
- 13:55 p.m. - 14:15 p.m.: Prof. Jia Gubiao, former professor for journalism at the University of Beijing "The control system of the thoughts of today's China"
- 14:15 p.m. - 14:35 p.m.: Discussion
- 14:35 p.m. - 14:50 p.m.: Break with coffee, tea and soft drinks
- 14:55 p.m. - 15:15 p.m.: David Kilgour, former Canadian Secretary of State for the Asian-Pacific "Religious intolerance in China"
- 15:20 p.m. - 15:40 p.m.: Erping Zhang, Executive Director of Asia Research Association, Mason Fellow of Harvord University J.F. Kennnedy School of Government, "China soft power"
- 15:40 p.m. - 16:00 p.m.: Discussion
- 16:05 p.m. - 16:20 p.m.: Break with coffee, tea and soft drinks
- 16:25 p.m. - 17:00 p.m.: Final discussion with all contributors
- 17:00 p.m. - 17:20 p.m.: Holger Haibach Member of the Bundestag - deputy chairperson of the Commission for Human Rights "It's not about winning but about taking part - China, one year before the Olympic games"
- 17:20 Uhr - 17:30 Uhr: Final speech
180.00 $ incl. lunch, coffee and tea breaks as well as conference documents
Internationale Gesellschaft für Menschenrechte
Bank Code : 512 500 00
Account Number: 23 0000 91
Key Word: China-Konferenz
Contact and Registration
Tagungsort: Kommunikations- und Trainings-Center GmbH Ölmühlenweg 65 61462 Königstein Tel: 06174-295100 Fax: 06174-295160 www.ktckoenigstein.de